Friday, May 16, 2014

Sorry So Slack!!

I know I have been very slack about writing in my blog. I got really busy doing a Cosplay project (our group won the group section at our local convention- yay) and working and kids. Excuses, excuses I know! Mostly I have only being planning our finances lately so not all that interesting. Though a couple of days ago I found another kit home I liked the look of. It was very similar to the one we had chosen except cheaper so I asked for a look at the plans. Turns out the layout was pretty bad though so we are still sticking with the original.

I have found some new paint colours I like though (of course). The new colour I like for the Master Bedroom/WIR/Ensuite is Dulux's French Limestone. I absolutely adore this colour. I am thinking full strength on bottom and full strength and quarter strength stripes above the chair rail. And for the main areas I like the colour Limed White also by Dulux with the same deal of full strength on bottom and full and quarter strength stripes above the chair rail. Very French Provincial colour being a lovely taupe/grey/beige colour.

Most excitingly for me though I have discovered a blog which has gotten me excited about doing up a lot of our furniture to give it a new lease on life and make it fit the new house. I had forgotten how much I used to love it until this lovely woman's blog inspired me. It's called Lilyfield Life and is well worth a look. Lot's of gorgeous furniture that she has painted up and plenty of great tips to do it yourself. So hopefully if I can find the time and money I will be able to do some before and after photos for you of some of our furniture :)


No comments:

Post a Comment