Friday, May 23, 2014

Old Furniture

Okay so I am still keen to do up some old furniture in the French Provincial style. It will save me a lot of money as I have discovered that if it's French Provincial it's expensive to buy brand new : / We have a tiny budget so the cheaper the better. Plus I find that old furniture seems to be built better and I know it will last as it already has. There's also the benefit of it being more environmentally friendly to upcycle!

So anyway I have already started collecting pieces. I'm picking up an 8-seater dining set next weekend. Solid timber and cost half as much as an 8-seater set from a discount furniture store!! This is not the orangey one I talked about in the last post which turned out to have a large, badly repaired crack underneath. Pays to closely examine the furniture you wish to buy when buying secondhand! And I have put a gorgeous bed on lay by at the local City Mission. It was very cheap and will look gorgeous done up:




My plan is to paint it in Limed White quarter strength with Limed White full strength on the little carved details and then lightly distress it. I cannot wait and also cannot believe my luck at find it so cheap! I'll post progress pics when I pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment