Sunday, June 1, 2014

The House (Take 3)

I've changed my mind again -.- We did a check of the size of our block and to make the house fit we would have also had to rip out 2/3 of the driveway and another concrete patio area. Plus we'd be getting dangerously close to the 50% roofed land area regulation that we have here. So it's back to the design we liked before I even started the blog. It's called The Brighton and it's still by Kitome but it's a two story design. This means our slab can be a lot smaller but we can still have the space we need and we won't have to worry about removing our other concreted areas to make it fit.

Here's the outside view of the Brighton:


And here are the house plans:


The only issue is it's a little too wide for our block given that two story houses need to be at least 3 metres from the side boundary. So we are changing it so that 1.8m is removed from the width. This basically equates to removing the side verandah and space equal to that. We will just have a smaller dining area (which is fine because it's still pretty big) and we will have 5 bedrooms instead of 6. We'll move Bed 4 across getting rid of Bed 3 and just increase the size of the study slightly to account for the little extra room from removing a bedroom. We will also get rid of the laundry/toilet addition at the back as we don't need a laundry or third toilet. Hopefully this will also make it cheaper as this one is more expensive than the other plan.


In other news I picked up the Dining Table today and I am so happy with it. Such a bargain given it's solid timber (and very heavy) yet cost me less than half the price of an 8 seater setting from the local discount furniture store (which is cheaply made, so nowhere near the craftsmanship and longevity this table has).Totally loving Gumtree right now!


When moving it I managed to trip over my son's bike and land on my bum with the table on me- so co-ordinated! It's finally in the shed though awaiting my makeover. I feel kind of bad about painting it now because they even oiled it for us but the top will still be wood and so will the seats (just stained a darker walnut colour). I'm also not going to paint the underneath of the chair seats because they have all been stamped as it's part of the Flinder's Collection. I'd like the stamps to remain :)I cannot wait to sit at this and eat as a family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment