Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Eldest Child

I went back and read some of my earlier posts and it's pretty funny just how much my ideas have changed. Also how much letting your kids have a say in their bedroom changes thing :P I thought I would update you on the plans for the kids rooms given the current plan is now nothing like my original idea. The kids have now given their input and we have adjusted the design so that they are happy. I'm a pretty big believer in kids having input in their own space (of course then it's my job to make sure it's something we can both live with ;) )

This post will be about my eldest son's room. He decided he really wanted a Navy bedroom. Our room sizes aren't massive but given the floors will be white we should be able to pull off the colour without it looking too dark. He also likes red and is a big fan of British TV (Dr Who is a favourite- the 9th doctor. The 4th is mine) so we decided to go with a light British theme/colour scheme. So far the blue we have picked together is Dulux Passionate Blue with Dulux Red Box and Dulux Vivid White accents.

I'd like to add some stripes to the wall to make it interesting. This gives you an idea but I'd like it lower and slightly thicker.




I don't want to be too heavy handed with the British paraphernalia but we will have a few nods in the room. He has a desk which I really want to try painting like a Union Jack:




I'd also like to paint his bed red like this one:




He's also very into Science- especially Astronomy. I'd like to add some star maps over his desk like the one here:



 I have found a cool globe light at Bunnings for only $25 which he loves. He also spotted me pinning these and wants them for his wall:






I'm yet to pick rugs, bedding and curtains that I like but I will be going for something a bit more neutral I reckon to counteract the busy-ness of everything else. I have also picked out a chrome pendant light from Bunnings:



As you know though my family and I are very fickle with these things and can change our mind at any moment :P




No comments:

Post a Comment