Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Middle Child

Okay onto the decorating plans for my middle child and son number 2 :)

His favourite colour is green so he wanted a vibrant green on his walls. Lime green can be a bit overwhelming so we decided to also mix in some navy and grey. His walls will be similar to my eldest's with the stripes just with different colours. So far we have picked Dulux Zatar Leaf for the walls with Dulux Passionate Blue for the large stripe and Dulux Timeless Grey accents. Here are some of the inspiration pictures:









I also want to create a bit of a rustic/industrial feel with wood and metal. He will be having the barrel cupboard I bought for the boys' current room. You can see it in this pic:



So I'd like to add a few other elements in the form of shelving and keeping his bed bare wood. Inspiration:



I also like the idea of adding some map elements. Maybe an old looking world map made into a pinboard so he can record his travels and I love the map fabric that you can choose to cover a chair with at Fantastic Furniture (I'd go the Wing Chair):




Not entirely sure yet!

Again I am yet to choose soft furnishings but there's no rush. He will also have a chrome pendant from Bunnings:

No comments:

Post a Comment