Sunday, May 31, 2015

Screen Vs Reality

There is a reason why they tell you that colours may not be truly representative on your computer to the way they are in real life! Today I went to Bunnings to actually get some paint chips. I wanted to make sure the colours I was thinking of using went as nicely together in person as on screen. I'm so glad I did because I changed my mind about at least half. They just didn't look the same or go together as well as they had on my computer!!

I ended up grabbing a whole bunch of different ones in lots of shades of colours that I wanted so that I could just start the decision making again! It was so overwhelming looking at the colours and having them not be the way I thought or not be there at all.



I also decided to go back to my original colour scheme of pink and aqua for the girls room with the argyle style feature wall. Finding a green I liked that went well with the other colours I liked was impossible. My daughter is happy to go back with pink, aqua and white though luckily :) 

I came home and sticky taped together colour schemes I liked for certain rooms. I'll post them up next time so you can see how they work together. 

We also dropped around our plans to the brother in law (our builder) the other day. So now more waiting until we get the quote. Like everyone he commented on the bath in the bedroom :P Thought it was a cool idea though. Now fingers crossed the quote isn't too scary :D


No comments:

Post a Comment