Friday, December 5, 2014

And Baby Makes Six

It's been a little while (okay a long while) since my last post. So much has happened in that time though. The biggest news would be the discovery that we are adding another child to the family. Baby number 4 is on his or her way! It's still early days at the moment so fingers crossed all is well. I have my dating scan on Monday. Sadly my husband couldn't take time off work and as it's near school pick up time i am going to have to take all 3 of the kids with me. Wish me luck with that!!!

In light of this news we have decided not to build from scratch. We had actually decided to sell our house and buy a block and had gone so far as to put in an offer on a block but we pulled out at the last second when we discovered our baby news. Neither of us can bear the thought of building, having a newborn and living with my parents all at once. Instead we are going to extend our current house and change the roof (it has a skillion roof which I do not like!). The extension will just be out back and will extend our kitchen/dining area and add 3 bedrooms and an ensuite.

I am pretty happy with this decision now although it was hard letting go of my dream house at first. I am pretty sure we can make this house my dream home though and retain a small mortgage which will be good given I will be taking leave after the birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment