Monday, December 22, 2014

This Is What I Do!

You know how I was saying the exterior colours are the one thing I hadn't changed my mind on? Well I have changed my mind haha! I am now thinking I would prefer to go with a medium grey with white trim and a darker grey roof and accents. Plus I really want a bright red door!

Here is my inspiration:




I was thinking of maybe going with Dulux Endless Dusk:





Here's a house painted in it:



And for the red door I am thinking Dulux Redbox which is a lovely bright red that I have used before.


I have also thought that instead of covering over the porch area, we might actually move the wall out to cover the area and increase the size of our Lounge Room (though we'd still have a little undercover porch bit leading from the stairs to the front door). Our Lounge is currently long and narrow so this will widen it up and give us some much needed room. Plus it will give me an excuse to change the ugly front windows that the old owners put in. It's hard to explain exactly what I mean but I want the front to sort of look like this house (the photo is from an awesome renovation blog I have recently discovered called This Little Yellow House):




Except it will be the reverse as our bigger half will protrude past the smaller part and we will also have a small porch in the middle. I know I haven't explained that very well at all so you may need to see what I mean when we are done (if we get done lol).

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Nat from This Little Yellow House here just checking out your plans and designs. I will be following along with interest.

    Cheers,
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :D Hopefully in the new year we will actually get started ;) Hope you have a great Christmas :D

      Delete