Friday, December 19, 2014

The Front Garden

I have been thinking not just about the house itself but also how I would like the gardens. I think for the front garden I really like the idea of the overgrown English garden. I come out in hives mowing grass and my husband doesn't really like mowing so this seems a great way to get out of mowing and also giving that lovely, home-y cottage feeling. 

We currently have a few trees and bushes around the edges. Plus a dwarf apple tree in the middle and a gorgeous apricot rose bush by the stairs. I'd really like to add some herbs along the side of the front path and then a mix of medium to small plants and flowers all planted densely to creeate that wild abandoned beauty of the cottage garden.

 Here are a few of my inspiration pics:


Would like to add a handrail to our porch steps like this one ^




 I have also thought of maybe painting the ugly concrete path, stairs and porch. I'm thinking grey with some white stenciling. Here are a couple of ideas:



I'm looking forward to getting started on the garden. Will probably add to it gradually until it's perfect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment