Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bathrooms

We'll have 2 bathrooms in the new house which will be lovely (because 5 people sharing our teeny tiny bathroom can get tricky). They both have room for a shower, toilet and vanity and the en suite also has room for a bath. I am very excited about that as I love reading in the bath and our current bath is really just a shower base that I still squash myself into. I cannot wait to actually have a bath I can stretch my legs out and relax in (^~^)

The toilets, shower bases and glass will just be cheaper Bunnings ones. They look nice and are also nice on our budget. The showers are both corner ones so I'd like to tile the two wall sides of the shower with tiles also from Bunnings. I've even drawn you another bad picture in paint so that you can see the kind of design I had in mind haha:

So mostly white with 3 lines of black tiles. One across the top and 2 across the middle with a white stripe between them.

The shower head I already have one of. I bought it when we were going to renovate and extend our current house. It's an antique bronze look shower head from best-faucet on eBay and I love it, so I'll only need to buy one more of these:


I also have picked toilet roll holders, shampoo/conditioner holders and door towel holders that match. Here is the toilet roll holder from seller letuslohas at Quality Faucets on eBay (I already have one of these too):




For the vanity units I am planning on using Bunnings kitchen cabinets again and like the kitchen getting birdcage black handles and having the tops covered in granite by Granite Transformations. I have one of these and am planning on getting another of these counter top sinks by global.living on eBay:



And then pairing them with either antique bronze taps and faucet like the one for the kitchen or with these gorgeous wall taps from mvmhome also on eBay:




And then my pièce de résistance for the en suite- the bathtub. The bathtub was one of the clinching factors in me deciding to have a French Provincial/Victorian inspired home. The one I want is this gorgeous free-standing claw foot slipper bath with black bath from eBay seller wholesale-superstore:



I love claw foot baths so much (((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) We had one I was a kid and I have been enamoured with them ever since! I am planning on having a freestanding tap set that hangs over the middle of the bath also from best-faucet:


Underneath the bath I thought I'd tile the floor just to make it look interesting and stop puddles forming on the laminate floor if the kids splash in the bath. I have some gorgeous big black and white tiles which I am planning to use in a checkerboard fashion. I think it will look really interesting and match well whilst also being practical!
I was reading a magazine the other day on interior decorating ideas and stumbled across the idea of putting a coat stand in your bathroom to put your clothes on whilst you bathe or shower to stop them getting wet. I thought that was an absolutely brilliant idea so I am also planning to use it for the downstairs bathroom (I don't think there will be room in the en suite unfortunately). I found these pretty white coat stands by alvanh on eBay:





Hopefully the bathrooms should be pretty cheap to do but not look cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment