Monday, January 6, 2014

Floor Plans

Okay back again (* >ω<) 
Last night I thought I would draw up the plans in Microsoft Paint so I could give a rough idea of how I am planning to use the space (probably should have said we there but I am so excited that I've made all the decisions for all of us (*/∇\*)). Unfortunately for anyone that actually reads this I am very crap at drawing plans and so the result is a plan that is no way proportionate or realistic. If you want an idea of the real layout I recommend clicking the link in my last post, however this should still give an idea of how we are using the space. Lower floor:


The red squares are doors and the blue squares are windows. Very professional looking isn't it haha. As you can see the main living areas i.e kitchen, dining and living rooms are on the bottom floor. The main bathroom and most of the bedrooms are also on this floor. Where I have crossed out laundry is where the laundry was on the original plan. Like I said previously though we have a laundry in a large shed out back which we prefer as we don't have to hear the washing machine or dryer so we are having the plans changed to convert this to a study which will then become a bedroom if we qualify as long term foster parents.

Upper floor:


Again the red squares are doors and the blue squares are windows; and that purple circle is a vent as on that side we have cathedral ceilings for the main living area on the ground floor so it's all void. Upstairs will mainly be our escape floor (*´∀`*) It has the master bedroom and parents retreat with built ins, an en suite and what we will use as another bedroom pending the success of our foster parent application. The master bedroom also has access to a small balcony which will be lovely.

The floor plan gives us 176.4m2 of floor space. It's not a massive house but it's still 56.4m2 more than we currently have with a much better layout. Our current house is quite hard to fit out because there are random walls and windows- drives me nuts. The actual house will sit sideways on our block so the the side of the house with the cathedral roof will face the street as our block is deeper than it is wide. This will still give a nice profile from the street so I am happy with that. I love gable roofs and our current house has a flat roof so I am excited to not live in a box anymore. Especially excited not to have a roof that leaks anymore. Every time it rains I get a couple of "lovely" indoor water features (#ಠQಠ#)

So now that's the floor plan and I can use future posts to discuss how I am planning on decorating the space. That's my favourite part as I would have loved to be an interior designer. Unfortunately there isn't much call for them where I live so I never bothered but I think one day I will go back to school and study it just for interests sake. Well after this build though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment