Thursday, January 30, 2014

Stripey

I have been reconsidering the painting for the house (of course I have!) I still want it very similar to how I did before with some very slight changes. The chair rails will still be there and I want grey for all the main areas but I want stripes in the main areas now too. Because I am having such a neutral palette I think this will help create visual interest. I want to use Limed White full strength for the bottom and some of the stripes and 1/4 strength for the others. So the wall is all the same colour just different shades with white chair rails.

I have also decided to do the same for the bedrooms. Just have one colour but different shades. So a full strength for below the chair rail and half the stripes and 1/4 strength for the rest of the stripes. I looked at the Dulux colour wall and have made these colour selections for now (though as you know by now these are likely to change (o・・o)/ ):

Master Mint- Mint Circle (full) and 1/4 for stripes
Sebastian Blue- Shimmer (full) and 1/4 for stripes
Ashley Purple- Lilac Fluff (full) and 1/4 for stripes
Ethan Green- Lime Parfait (full) and 1/4 for stripes
Laundry Coral- Coral Blossom (full) and 1/4 for stripes
Playroom Teal- Spartacus (full) and 1/4 for stripes


Here's some inspirations pics of same colour/different shade stripes to give you an idea of what I am thinking:





No comments:

Post a Comment