Thursday, January 16, 2014

Master Bedroom

I'm going to do the master bedroom in two parts, so this half will be the actual bedroom half and tomorrow I'll talk about the retreat half. 

The bedrooms are where the painted walls will change a bit. We will still have the chair rail and darker grey at the bottom but in our room, I'm planning on painting white stripes on the light grey above the chair rail. Here's a pic of grey and white stripes on a wall just in case you don't know what that looks like haha:



I would also like to have a chandelier above the bed though not quite as huge as the Living room one. I decided to go with the 5 arm version of it though from Ivory&Deene:




The bed has given me the most trouble. There are so many gorgeous French Provincial beds I love but the thing I am noticing about my love of French Furniture is how expensive it is (´;Д;`) I have finally found a bed I love though that costs a reasonable amount that I can actually afford. It's the Queen Size Brittany Bed by Early Settler. It's stunning:


I really love the turning on the legs!


For side tables that will complement the legs I think I will go for two of these ones by Mint Black


I think they should go beautifully with the carved bed. I also quite like these bedside lamps from eBay seller sparklez128:



I am also considering having a dressing table against the wall at the foot of the bed. It should fit nicely if I have done my measurements correctly and the one I found also by Mint Black is gorgeous:




It's just so, so beautiful and again very reasonably priced! (‘∀’●)♡

No comments:

Post a Comment