Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Kitchen/Living/Dining Lighting

I have been to-ing and fro-ing on what I want to do with the lighting in the Kitchen/Living Dining area. I have had so many ideas although all involve at least one chandelier. I think I have finally settled on something though  
\(^▽^@)ノ

Like I said I always knew I wanted a chandelier in either black or white. I thought I might scour eBay and see what was on there as the budget isn't huge and I thought I might find a bargain. I found a few different ones that were well priced that I really liked and I noticed they were all by the same seller and that the seller not only offered free shipping Australia Wide but had a website too. I thought I'd check it out and lo and behold the company is actually fairly local. Their name is Ivory&Deene and if you are a fan of pretty chandeliers that are also quite cheap then I suggest you take a peek at their website. I have been umming and ahhing but I am now pretty set on the 12 arm Cassie black vintage chandelier:



It's just stunning and under $300 as well which is unbelievable. I have always wanted a chandelier.       ( ˘ ³˘)❤

Originally I was thinking of having 2 chandeliers but I didn't realise the ceilings were cathedral (don't ask me how I missed that haha) and I also thought the space probably wouldn't suit 2 as it's not exactly huge. I also want to have a bit of a modern mix throughout my house to complement the French Provincial/Victorian pieces and stop it looking too over the top.

I did some searching on google images and found this which I thought was pretty perfect for the look I was trying to achieve:






I love the look of the chandelier in the centre and the down lights discreetly lining the centre of both sides of the slanted roof. Obviously I would just have the one big chandelier right in the centre of the room though. Even though the down lights are a more modern looking fixture I think they complement the old fashioned looking chandelier nicely and would help prevent my home from looking tacky which I want to avoid. I found these on eBay by a seller called bestlightings:


They are pretty cheap and are also LED meaning they should be cheaper to run and also last longer (which is good because I don't think I'll enjoy changing light bulbs on a Cathedral ceiling!


I also found this funky floor lamp from Freedom that I thought might work for the Living area:







It's a nice mix of modern with the chrome but also has that old fashioned look. I really love it and I think it makes a nice sculptural looking piece as well as being functional as a lamp!

And I think that's about it for the lighting in that space. I may need to wait until these lights are in to see if I need anymore.... and for that I'll probably need the house 。(⌒∇⌒。)

No comments:

Post a Comment