Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fireplace

I have decided I'd really love an electric fireplace on the wall between the Living area and the Dining area. Fireplaces can make a space seem so cosy but a real one isn't overly practical for us (and to be honest I'm not keen on hauling wood around). I have found some gorgeous electric fireplaces at Early Settler that have a beautiful period feel. I love this Regent Electric fireplace (。♥‿♥。)


Which I would pair with this beautiful Richmond mantle:



You can also buy black granite or white marble hearths to go with it. I am thinking a black granite hearth would look stunning against the limed bamboo floorboards:




Hopefully having it on that dividing wall will make it well positioned to warm up the main living areas. We are intending also to have double glazing on the windows as well which should help with keeping the heat in, in the winter and keeping us cooler in summer. Our current house gets hotter in Summer and even colder in Winter \(>o<)ノ

I'd also love to use the little area in front of the fire to create a little division between Living and Dining/Kitchen. I am thinking about doing this just by placing a chair facing the fireplace and maybe a little lamp table depending on how much room I have (I don't want to make it look too cramped). I think this chair from Freedom is perfect. Both modern and period looking with its black metal frame and black and white striped cushion:


I'm still looking for a side table/lamp table that I like. I want it to be white and have the French Provincial look but I want it to have a round top. All the ones I have liked so far have square tops so I guess I will have to keep looking!


*Update* I have found a side table that I love and would work perfectly!! It's from eBay by a seller named milkcart900:






So gorgeous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment