Friday, January 10, 2014

Living Rugs and TV Console

Last thing for the Living area apart from decorative furnishings is an area rug and an entertainment unit for our television to sit on. As per always I have found a few different rugs that I like (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Top of my list at this stage is probably this rug I found on Ebay under a seller called dealsdirect:





Black and white stripes scream French to me and they also suit a more modern look too. I'll be having thick even stripes elsewhere in the house as well and I'd like a cushion with some on it so I think it would fit in nicely.

The other rug I am looking at is also from Ebay by a seller called onlyonline:



Again I am planning on having some black and white damask decor throughout the house so this rug would also match beautifully. However I am thinking that maybe this would suit the Master Bedroom more than the Living area.

As for TV consoles again there is a choice of two at this stage. I want a TV entertainment unit that is white, elegant and fairly low as we have a very large TV (I swear it looked smaller at the shop @.@) so it needs to be able to all fit. One I love but it might be a bit more than we can afford which  is this one from Mint Black:



I'm definitely leaning towards this one as though even though it's a bit more than I should probably spend it's actually really cheap for what it is. I love all the beautiful detailing and given we are going for fairly simply design armchairs and sofa I think it would be nice to mix it up with a bit of decorative furniture.

The other one is about half the price and I do still really like it just not quite as much. It's this one from the Elegance range at Fantastic Furniture

I do still like this piece. It's not as fancy as the other one but it's still elegant in its simplicity. It also has a price tag of about half as much as the other one so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment