Sunday, January 12, 2014

Dining Table

I'm having a bit of trouble finding a dining table that I really like that doesn't cost the earth. All I really want is a nice solid timber table in white but a lot of the white dining tables seem to be coated in laminate or plastic. I have however found one at a reasonable price that I quite like which is the Cancun table from Freedom

I'd white wash it just a little more though.

I am going to have a look around the second hand stores before I commit to buying anything though. Hopefully I can find a solid table that I can sand back and white wash/paint. I also may have to wait until the house is built before I can really pick one as I am not sure if the size I want will fit in the space I have. I would love a big 8 seater so fingers crossed.

Dining chairs I do have picked though. I found heaps that I love but so many of them were so costly. I had no idea dining chairs could even be as expensive as some that I saw ヘ(。□°)ヘ
 I found these Millicent chairs from Freedom  though which are pretty reasonably priced and come in both black and white. I thought it would be pretty cool to alternate white and black chairs around the table just to make it visually interesting:



 I really love the simplicity of the chairs, which again manage to suit both the provincial and modern style that I need them to.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with the table I wanted a really chunky farm house table, so found a few ideas now Tony is going to make one, see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh that's an idea. I do have a friend who is into carpentry, wonder if I could convince him to build me a table lol

    ReplyDelete