Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sofas and Armchairs

I've changed my mind a million times about what sort of sofas and armchairs I want and I'm still not 100% sure yet. I really want to make sure I get the balance of period and modern right because like I said last post, I don't want it to start getting tacky. Especially given we don't actually have a period home, I fell in love with this 'Lady Lounger' sofa by Mint Black but I know that it would be way too much for our space.It's still gorgeous though.



I think  I have pretty much settled on a modern leather black couch with period style armchairs but I am still a bit up in arms about which ones. With our small budget, 3 children and a cat that sometimes likes to scratch our couch (ಠ_ರೃ) we will go cheap and bonded leather. Fantastic Furniture have some lovely looking couches for reasonable prices. There are two main ones I have been looking at which are the Tribeca:


And the Quattro:


I think I am leaning towards the Quattro though because even though it's modern it also has a bit of the old fashioned/period look so should complement the other pieces I choose. I'm still not 100% sure though       
(」゜ロ゜)」

As for armchairs, again I am having trouble picking between a couple
(´−`) ンー

I really like the look of these chairs by Mint Black but I'm not sure how comfortable they would be as armchairs:

I adore the shape and look of them though so even if I don't use any for the Living area I think I'll still buy one and find somewhere to put it ( ノ^ω^)ノ゚

However I also like the look of these Wing Chairs from Fantastic Furniture and I think they would probably be more comfortable as armchairs:


I am probably leaning towards these because I also love the idea of the combination of leather sofa and fabric armchairs. You can get them reupholstered in different fabrics so then it's also a matter of picking a fabric. I am thinking maybe this floral red fabric just to add a bit of colour as most of the Living/Dining/Kitchen will be very monochrome. 



I thought this might be a good way of adding a splash of colour and then I can also add small splashes of red into the other rooms. I figure the red and the floral pattern might help stop the space from looking too boxy and boring.

Finally I also thought I might add an ottoman instead of a coffee table as there won't be a whole lot of space between the sofa and the TV console. I'm thinking of getting this Ottoman from Fantastic Furniture:


And covering it in this fabric which carries the red and white of the armchairs and helps make the space even more visually interesting:


I do love this one though by Early Settler Recollections called Camille:




Hmmmmmm, I'm shocking. Lucky I have awhile to decide haha.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment